It’s a busy week here, so I’m sharing some comfort food dishes. Sometimes when you have so much to do, having a delicious home cooked meals is even more of a treat. I found this recipe online and adjusted it just a bit for our personal tastes. It’s hard to go wrong with some penne and eggplant, it’s simply a filling meal without making you feel heavy. that’s a win-win in my book!
- 2 eggplants cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 ½ garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16-oz uncooked whole wheat penne
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup (2-oz) grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine eggplant, cherry tomatoes and garlic in bowl.
- Drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, 1 tsp each salt and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Spread in even layer on foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place veggies on center oven rack and roast for 35 mins or until tender and eggplant in golden brown.
- Cook pasta until al dente, in boiling, salted water (8-10 mins); drain well over large bowl.
- Reserve 1 ½ cups of pasta cooking liquid. Keep pasta warm.
- Place roasted veggies in food processor and puree with basil and 3 Tbsp olive oil.
- Combine with pasta in large bowl; add ½ cup cheese.
- Garnish with more cheese when serving.
Favorite Pasta Dishes
I’d love to hear about your comfort foods that you love to prepare. What’s your go to pasta dish?