Over the last few weeks, we’ve had the pleasure of having our family taking care of us as we adjusted to the baby’s arrival. Besides helping out with cleaning around the house, we’ve also had meals made for us.
My mother in law prepared some dishes for us that my husband loved growing up. One of my husband’s favorite dishes is tabouli.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fine cracked wheat
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the water over the cracked wheat and cover, let stand about 20 minutes until wheat is tender and water is absorbed.
- Add the chopped herbs and vegetables and toss with the mix.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add to wheat mixture and mix well.
- Chill and serve.