With this heatwave continuing here in the Mid-Atlantic and South, discovering this summer smoothie recipe has been wonderful.
Staying hydrating is important and having some fresh fruits makes it even better.
Time: 15 minutes
- 3 small Sprite melons, juiced (can substitute with others of course)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 3/4 cups ginger ale
- Cut or peel off the rind of the sprite melon.
- Then, extract the juice by either running the fruit through a juicer or placing it in a blender and straining it to remove the pulp.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Blend the thawed raspberries and pour into the mixing bowl.
- Add the ginger ale. Mix thoroughly and chill in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice and, if desired, garnish with a twist of orange or lime.
Makes about 1/2 gallon
Thoughts on Fruit Smoothies
What are your favorite fruit smoothies you enjoy this summer?
Photo Credit: meriwilliams