I have to say tastes do change as you get older. Growing up, I had never been a fan of mushrooms. I can’t quite figure out why, but I just found them disgusting.
Now I love mushrooms, both as part of a side like this stuffed mushroom recipe or as the main course. A friend introduced me to stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and it was delicious.
My favorite way to prepare stuffed mushrooms is with seasoned crab meat – a fantastic summer treat that is filling. With a grilled salad on the side you’re good to go.
- 1 lb of large button mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tsp of minced garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
If you want, you can add crab meat instead of cheese to have a meatier dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Clean the mushroom, trim off their bottoms, and remove the steams
- Chop the stems and combine them with the egg, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, and garlic in a mixing bowl
- Stir in olive oil into the mix (1 Tbsp)
- Grease lightly a baking sheet
- Stuff your mushrooms with the stem mixture
- Bake about 15 minutes, stuffed side up
This recipe makes about 6 servings and it only takes about 30 minutes to make. It’s a great appetizer for the next party you have while you can finish the entree on the grill.
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes. How do you prepare mushrooms?