Whenever feeding children vegetables, I find that being creative with presentation can be a wonderful incentive to dive right in and try it.
To make it more appealing you may want your kids to join you in preparing this ‘pie’.
Spinach Pie Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 2 Tbsp of milk
- 3 roasted garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 1/2 cups any blend shredded cheese3 cups fresh spinach
- Mix the first six ingredients (eggs, bacon, milk, garlic, lemon pepper and salt) in a bowl. Set aside.
- Lay the flour tortilla in a greased glass pie dish, press gently – does not need to lay perfectly flat against dish.
- Sprinkle only 1/2 cup cheese on tortilla. Sprinkle remaining cheese and the spinach onto tortilla in layers, and press gently.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, be careful not to pour any outside of tortilla. Bake in oven at 365 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Insert fork in center and it should come out clean.
This recipe serves about 6 people. I hope this helps you to enjoy a meal together with the family!