We’ve been finding ways to to incorporate more plants in our diet, even if it’s a small change. Something that has been easy is using lettuce wraps. Since we tried them over at Pei Wei we fell in love with them.
What’s great with lettuce wraps is that you can be creative with how you fill it – it can Asian flavors like Thai inspired, maybe a taco, or a use it for a hamburger.
- 2 heads of baby romaine lettuce
- 4 cups of diced, cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 8oz. can of water chestnuts, finely diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup peanut sauce
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- Wash and separate baby romaine leaves, carefully keeping each leaf whole.
- In a bowl, combine chicken through green onion and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into each lettuce cup.
Enjoying Lettuce Wraps
We’ve had a few lettuce wraps already and I’m ready to have some more. I think next time I’ll use tilapia for the meat and see how that comes out.