What is the Yakezie?
Quite simply the Yakezie network is the largest personal finance and lifestyle blog network. It started off with the topic of personal finance, but it’s been growing and the network has expanding topics.
I’ve been a member for a while now with my personal finance blog at Couple Money, but I’d like to go through the challenge again with Married Food. I feel like this is a great way to start off the site. In addition since there are even more people in the network, I’d really love to get to know the newer members.
Yakezie Challenge Rules
- Installing the Alexa toolbar if you haven’t already and announce your current Alexa ranking.
- Write consistently 2-4 times a week on site. It all goes back to getting great content out regularly.
- Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge.
- Announce on your blog that you have joined the challenge. (Done!)
- Selflessly promote others. My absolute favorite of the challenge and why I signed up for the network.
- Stay committed! Quitters are not desired in this challenge.
- Come introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum!
Sam shared tips on building up your Alexa ranking and the forums are full of bloggers ready to help with their tips on building a site.
I can’t wait to see how this goes – I got 6 months(or less!) to reach my goals.
Married Food Stats
Here are some of my stats to give you a starting point:
- Alexa Rank: 820,231
- Blog Subscribers: 30
- Twitter Followers: 37
My goals by the end of the 6 months, including the Alexa improvement, are:
- Alexa Rank: 200,000
- Blog Subscribers: 200
- Twitter Followers: 500
If you have any tips on reaching my goals, please leave them in the comments. I could use the help!
Looking to Interview Yakezie Members (and More)
I’d love to get to know Yakezie members a bit better. I’ve decided to open up an interview series to how other bloggers enjoy preparing and eating great food. My goal is to learn about their blogs and hopefully get some more food tips.
If you’re interesting in being interviewed as part of the new series, I have a few requirements.
- You’ve been blogging for 3 months or so. I’d love to highlight some of your favorite content.
- You’ve publish genuine content. I want to connect to genuine bloggers, not linking to a spam site. I review all the sites before sending out interview questions.
- You’re willingly to promote other bloggers in the series. I don’t expect you to tweet every interview, but I would like interviewees to spread the word on their favorite bloggers. By the way, I don’t want others to just promote the Married Food posts, please share posts from your favorite interviews.
They are some wonderful bloggers out there and I hope to introduce some of them to you. I hope you have a great weekend!