We got a bit of cucumbers and tomatoes in the house from our Producce Box deliveries, so I decided to whip a salad for us to have this evening with dinner.
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the vinegar and water.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Photo Credit: culinarymusings