Too Easy to Even Call It Cooking
I love quesadillas- they are one of the easiest things to make and you can fix it however you want. I usually include some meat and with a small side, I’m pretty much set. This is a recipe post, but I wouldn’t call making a tortilla cooking per se. It’s basically heating up and toasting a tortilla. It’s really as simple as that. If you can make a grilled cheese sandwich you can make a quesadilla.
Here’s the basic idea behind quesadillas. Add and adjust according to your taste. I’d add some meat or black beans to fill it out and some more peppers to kick up the heat.
Time: 15 minutes
- 8 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup of mince green chiles
- 1/4 cup of pineapple/jalapeño salsa
- Put 1 Tbsp of oil into your skillet
- Turn the heat to medium
- after a minute, put a tortilla in the skillet and top it with 1/4 of your cheese and chilies.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Cook until the tortilla is lightly toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Cut it into wedges.
Makes about 10 servings (depending on how big your wedges are). It’s perfect food for watching the games (Go NY Giants!) as you can always refill the dishes during commercial breaks.
Favorite Quesadillas Recipes
For us a quesadilla with some fresh guacamole and a salad plus some sangria make an easy and fun meal. It’s such as an easy fix for when you need to unwind after a long week. What are some of your favorite items to put in a quesadilla? What do you usually have as sides and drinks with it?
Photo Credit: jspatchwork