I always enjoy sharing new voices on Married Food. I think it makes it a stronger site and a better one for readers. I get submissions for guest posts frequently, so I thought it would be handy to put all the details in one place where I could direct people in the future.
Please understand that the information below is meant to help both of us. I would love to introduce different bloggers on the site.
General Guidelines for Guest Posts
I retain full editorial and approval rights, including removing and/or substituting links.
- Guest posts are typically rejected from commercial sites. I also find many companies try to gain free advertising with their thinly veiled sales pitches. I want readers to engage with people and not be sold a product.
- Your posts should be well-written, original, and should not have been previously published elsewhere.
- You’re allowed one link to your site within the post. Please include a short author bio with a link back to your website or RSS feed (not both).
- No affiliate links.
- Please send articles in html or in a Word document (html preferred)
- Articles should be related to personal finance, career, or small business topics. I do appreciate posts on lifestyle design, but I’m looking for concrete tips, not just ‘follow your passion’.
- You’re free to republish your post 3 months after it has been published on the site.
If your post has more than 2 links when submitted I will edit them accordingly.
If you’re not sure if a post would fit, then send me an email. I’ll be happy to look at your topic.