I’m a fan of Raleigh’s variety of restaurants and other places to munch. This week I wanted to mention a favorite spot of ours downtown – 518 West. A friend recommended it to us a few years and not only have we enjoyed it, but we’ve taken other friends there to eat.
If you’re local or in town, please try it out!
What I appreciate about 518 West is that there is a big selection with their menu. Sometimes when you’re out with several friends, it can be difficult to pin down what everyone is in the mood for and you’re trying to find a place that will keep everyone happy. This is the spot- there is something for everybody.
Some of my personal favorites from their menu are:
- Eggplant Parmesan: Tried and true, this is my comfort food.
- The Crab: It’s fantastic; I love seafood and the crab meat is NOT skimpy with this dish. If I’m not sure what I want, I go for this dish.
- Wood Grilled Beef Tenderloin: Delicious – earlier this year I grabbed this while I was pregnant. I was full and very happy.
- Pizzette: You can’t go wrong with them. My choice is the Sun Dried Tomato.
I absolutely love how big the portions are – I typically take home enough for a second meal later. I also get a small 518 Caesar with my meals.
Besides the great food they offer, 518 West also have some fantastic cocktails to try out.
- Italian Wedding Cake
- Sweet Tea-ini
- The Nutcracker
As you can see I’m a bit biased for sweet drinks. There are also wines you can order, but I haven’t had any.
Their Serving Hours
If you want to visit 518 West, here are the hours for their service:
- Monday-Friday 11:30am – 4:00pm
- Monday 5:00pm – 9:30pm
- Tuesday-Thursday 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Friday & Saturday 5:00pm – 10:30pm
- Sunday 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- Sunday 10:30am – 2:00pm
Thoughts on 518 West
If you’ve been over to 518 West, what are some of your favorite dishes and drinks?